Becoming a Lean Leader
[Lean Competency System – Level 1c]
Our newly accredited training package is aimed at Managers and Leaders who want to learn how to take the lead in delivering lean improvement projects across their organisation.
About the Course
Our unique package of training and coaching support is designed to increase the knowledge and capability of frontline leaders, to enable them to drive and sustain the implementation of lean and continuous improvement principles across multiple teams.
Step 1: The Training. This is a 3-day course designed to ensure delegates learn the importance of leadership and how to develop a high performing team. They will understand the need to link strategic objectives to actionable goals and how to identify, display and manage daily performance targets. Delegates will also learn about the importance – as a Leader – that they lead by example through Process Confirmation and Leader Standard Work.
Step 2: Putting it into Practice: Delegates – with coaching support from one of our lean expert coaches – practice their new learning and skills in their own organisation, to deliver a significant strategic benefit to their business.
- Leaders will be able to coach colleagues to have an Improvement mindset
- Leaders will be able to apply advanced lean principles to the redesign of processes
- Organisations develop capable and competent operational leaders
- Leaders will be able to follow – and coach others in – a structured improvement approach to tackle larger problems
- Leaders gain ‘hands-on’ experience of delivering a strategic benefit to their organisations.
- Organisations get an immediate ‘Return on Investment’ on the training given to their Leaders
- 3 days of face-to-face training delivered in a single block. Supported by access to additional reading, course materials and templates.
- Knowledge verification via a combination of a multiple-choice test and open questions
- 6 x 1 hour per delegate of coaching support with one of our expert lean coaches
- Submission of a Case Study (or extended A3 project) showing the application of learning in a practical context
- A curated forum for delegates to exchange ideas and receive ongoing support and direction from their peers and PCE Coaches
- Certificate of Completion and Approval to Lean Competency System Level 1c
- Maximum number of delegates per cohort – 8.
Delegates must have been already successfully certified at Lean Competency System Level 1b OR they will be working currently in a suitable leadership or improvement role. Direct entry onto this course will require a short qualification interview and the submission of evidence of prior understanding and application of basic lean / CI principles.
Commences: May 2022 [3-day training course: 27/09 – 29/09, Birmingham]
Anticipated timeline to achieve accreditation level pass – 3 – 6 months
Price: £1647 per delegate (total price)
Do you have a group of Leaders and Managers who’d benefit from this course? And want to give them access to an externally recognised certification via LCS? Contact us for details of our ‘bespoke, in-house’ offering of this programme.
Can’t get to Birmingham for the face-to-face training element? Register your interest in this programme here, as we plan to run another cohort of this course elsewhere in the UK this year, with our online version of this training also being currently in development and planned to run in Q3 2022.
About LCS Accreditation
This course is aligned to Cardiff University’s Lean Competency System (LCS) at level 1c.
The LCS was created by Cardiff University’s Lean Enterprise Research Centre and has set the standards for high quality Lean education for over a decade. It remains the leading academically recognised Lean qualification worldwide.
The LCS Framework has three categories and seven levels of competency covering the entire spectrum of Lean knowledge and applications: with each level focussing on a specific set of competencies.
People Centred Excellence has a long association with both the LCS (as certified lean experts) and Cardiff University (through being visiting lecturers on Cardiff Business Schools MBA programme), and is delighted to have it’s training recognised by this prestigious accrediting body
For more information on the LCS model click here (https://www.leancompetency.org/about/)